"Rushed by ambulance to Heartlands Hospital "

About: Heartlands Hospital / Accident and emergency West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

I was having pains in my chest and as I live in sheltered accommodation I pulled the emergency cord and an ambulance was sent for me. It did not seem like I waited long and they arrived. They asked me about my medical history and took me to Heartlands hospital. I was very happy with how they treated me and would like to thank them for making me feel less worried.

I have been on the AMU ward for four days and the nurses and doctors have been very nice to me. I have been told that I have had an angina attack and the are keeping me in to keep an eye on me.

The only one thing I would have to say I am not keen on is the food, the pasty was not tasty enough. Also it is not very interesting on the ward here as there is not much I can do.

Response from Regional Head of Patient Experience, West Midlands Ambulance Service

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with the ambulance service. We welcome the opportunity to speak to patients on their experiences and where possible feedback your comments to the attending ambualnce crew. If you would like to speak to a member of the Patient Experience please contact telephone number 01384 246366 or email pals@wmas.nhs.uk

Response from Deborah Parkes, PPI Senior Administrator, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with comments around your experience whilst in AMU. It is always useful to receive both positive and negative comments so that we can continue to improve on our customer services. If you wish to discuss any aspects of your stay in hospital please contact Patient Services on 0121 424 0921.ch positive comments about care received.