"booking an appointment through DART"

About: Devon Access and Referral Team (DART)

I phoned to make a booking and eventually we found a suitable date and time. When I went for my appointment at the surgery there was no record of this booking!

Fortunately it wasn't very urgent or worrying, though the prospect of a two month wait for another did not appeal.

Even more fortunately the lovely dermatologist fitted me in, and the care was excellent.

Response from Susan Pearce, Project Support Manager, DART (Devon Access & Referral Team), NHS Devon

Dear ‘Gardenia’,

Thank you for getting in contact and letting us know about your experience of using our service, we do appreciate it.

I’m very sorry that there was a problem with your appointment, it must have been a very frustrating experience. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. I’m glad that the dermatologist was able to fit you in and that you received such good care.

If you are willing, I would be very grateful if you would contact me on 01626 88388 so that I can take some details and make some enquiries into the incident, in order that we can learn from the mistake that was made.

Kind regards,