"I wouldn't want this orthopaedic surgeon..."

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

Very little

I waited an hour to see an orthopaedic surgeon following a visit to A&E the day before. While I was waiting I heard patient information which the doctor shouted into their dictaphone - names, ages, and diagnoses. I was eventually called in and the doctor talked to their dictaphone not me. I was in the consulation for about 30 seconds and felt I wasn't to speak or ask any questions. Basically it was a production line to get patients in and out as quickly as possible, the doctor didn't even wash hands between patients.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback from your visit to University Hospital of North Durham in 2011. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at this time. Unfortunately, at the time you shared your feedback, we were unable to respond. If you would like to discuss your previous comments please contact us. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774