"I did a detox and with help from the alcohol team I've not drunk since"

About: Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust / Addiction services

(as a service user),

I were an alcoholic from the age of 13. I was shoplifting all the time and I ended up with a blood clot on my brain. I went on anti-abuse and have been clean for nearly 12 months. I have kept out of trouble. I went to Rotherham General for a detox and havn't drunk since.

I want to say thank you to the whole alcohol team at Clearways, especially the doctor.

I feel like I'll never drink again. The tablets have really helped me - I can walk past the pubs I used to go in. I now have support from my family now that I am sober.

Response from Nick Arkle, Patient Engagement/ Psychosocial Interventions Lead, Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust

Dear pilot90,

thank you for sharing your story of recovery and success. It is good to know that we have been of help.

Your journey should be seen as an inspiration to others who may be struggling with similar problems.

I shall make sure that the doctor and all the team at Clearways see this posting.

Best Wishes,