"Sadly my experience has been one lacking..."

About: Salford Royal

This year I have had an appointment cancelled four times making the time between visits at over 5 months,Last year the department cancelled almost all my appointments so instead of being seen once every 3 months I was seen once in a year, I was told I would need to be scanned at least once a year I have not been scanned in nearly 3 years. I have a lump in my brain it has caused a mass of side effects but I strongly get the impression that I do not matter, I am so obviously way down the pecking order of the doctor's patient list that I wonder why they haven't just discharged me, I am not receiving the medical attention I believe everybody is entitled to, so no I would not like to hear of anybody that I cared about being treated at Salford Royal as it is obvious that the staff just do not care.

What could be improved? Really basic, actually see your patients....

I hope your other departments take the health and welfare of there patients more seriously then the Endocrine department does, sorry but they are useless, I have no confidence in there ability any more, so I will probably just never return to treatment, just wait to die quietly without disturbing the precious time of a Doctor.

Response from Salford Royal

Unfortunately, it has only just come to our attention that this comment did not receive acknoledgement from the hospital at the time of submission. Please accept our apologies for this, and a reminder that if anyone does have any concerns or comments about hospital services they would like to address with the hospital, they can contact our PALS team (PALS@srft.nhs.uk)