"A first-class consultation in a caring..."

About: The Royal London Hospital For Integrated Medicine

I recently had my first consultation at this hospital and already I think its the best NHS hospital I've ever visited. I loved the atmosphere of the place - less frantic and less clinical than my local hospital. Everyone ( receptionists, person running the cafe, my consultant...) greeted me with a genuine smile and took care to make me feel at ease.

The consultant allowed me time to say everything I felt I needed to and that in itself was enormously helpful to me. He treated me with kindness and compassion. The reasons for my chronic ill-health seem complex to me but by the end of the consultation I felt that he had a good grasp of the situation. I particularly liked that he took a holistic view of what might be affecting my health rather than just concentrating on, say, blood test results. I wasn't given any promises about my recovery but I do feel that this hospital will do everything they can to work with me to improve my health. The reasons for the follow-on appointments were explained to me and booked up promptly.

This visit exceeded my expectations so nothing on this occasion.

Response from The Royal London Hospital For Integrated Medicine

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to pass on your experiences at the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine. I am so pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience.