"The ward staff were very friendly when..."

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

The ward staff were very friendly when attending to you.

Staffing levels on both F1 and MAT 2 were appalling! Once people had left there posts no-one was recruited to fill the gaps which left the staff left overworked and under valued. Cleaners were the worst I ever came across. I had to ask them to clean the shower because it looked like it hadn't been cleaned for a month and for 2 days there was no toilet roll in 1 toilet on the ward. I was given tablets I was alergic too and blood taken for someone else. God know who was running MAT 2 because it certainly wasn't the ward manager when the blood was taken. She didn't show up for 3 hours after!!!! In the end I transerferred hospitals. Hopefully never to return to Oldham!

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

We are sorry to hear your comments regarding your stay at the Royal Oldham. We will send your feedback to the appropriate managers for their attention

We note from your entry your visit took place in Aug 2008. We assume this was dated incorrectly during input and the visit was more recent. If this is so, and you would like us to investigate further please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 627 8678.