About: Helston Community Hospital

The staff that came near me could of looked at me instead of talking to the person I was with.

I came into the hospital on a sunday fully aware that everywhere else was closed. I was having a severe asthma attack but didnt know at the time as I dont suffer with asthma. I thought it was a chest infection. I was sitting in the waiting room whilst my boyfriend went to find someone to help. By this time, I was doubled over, my neck and back muscles had retracted as I had been suffering like this for 2 days. When we finally got some help, the guy didnt even look at me and told us to ring the out of hours doctor which ment we'd have to drive a further 15 miles. I would have thought that any health professional would have noticed that I was having serious problems, and therefor reduced it.

Response from Helston Community Hospital

On behalf of Peninsula Community Health (PCH), I would like to apologise of your experiences. We take all comments very seriously and will ensure all staff adhere to our protocols/procedures when dealing with patients.