"Excellent"

About: Russells Hall Hospital

My mother came into A/E with a stroke on 28th February, the treatment she received was excellent from the minute she was bought in.

She was lucky enough to be thrombolysed and sent straight to the acute stroke ward where the staff can only be described as excellent. After a couple of days she was moved to C8 where her rehabilitation continued. The care she has had on the ward has been unsurpassable. I obviously cant give names on here but the physiotherapists on the ward are superb, they could not do enough for her and treated her as if she was their own mother, they always had time to speak to the family and explain what was going on with the treatment.

I cannot thank the staff enough - certainly 5* does not cover it.

Although she has now moved on to a step down placement as she has improved so much we are also sad that she is not still with you to continue the excellent treament.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are delighted that you and your mother were pleased with the care and treatment received while in hospital.

Your generous comments will be passed on to all the staff in Accident and Emergency, on Ward C8 and the Stroke Team.