About: St Mary's Hospital (Newport)

1. Booking system ridiculous as the phones are always engaged.

2. Staff can't manage to sent the correct letter.

3. No bed available on arrival so sent to other side of hospital. No bed available here. Nowhere except a corridor to wait while this was sorted.

4. Nurse very abrupt. Made a joke when I said I was prone to fainting. Totally inappropriate.

5. Nurse discussed me with other patients.

6. Incorrect surgeon turned up and refused to do my operation.

7. Nurse was requested when phoning my parents to tell them of change of ward. She assured me she had but she hadn't.

8. Nowhere to wait for parents except bench in corridor.

9. Conflicting advice regarding procedure for replacement date for op.

All in all and absolutely horrendous experience, all due to lack of communication and failure to follow procedures, that's if any exist in the first place.

Eventually told that I will be recalled within 3 months and my notes state who must do the surgery. We shall see. This happened once before. Was told I'd be recalled within a month...that was 5 years ago and I never heard a thing!

Disgraceful treatment, disrespectful nurse

Response from St Mary's Hospital

We are very sorry to have read about the negative experiences that you have encountered whilst using our services. The IOW NHS Primary Care Trust takes all feedback extremely seriously and aims to ensure that the services provided are of the highest possible standards. We would welcome the opportunity to explore your particular experience in more detail. If you feel willing to discuss this further, please contact the Quality Team at St Mary's Hospital on 01983 534850, so that we can ensure that lessons are learnt from your experiences in order to improve our services.