"Absolutely outstanding treatment and..."

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

I was admitted via a visit to A&E where the care and attention could not have been any better. The Doctors were extremely thorough with their investigations and the nursing care was second to none. I was eventually moved to Whatman ward for 5 days where, once again, the standard of care was outstanding.

The nursing staff in particular were so caring and kind, reassuring and professional.

I was impressed with the standard of catering, with very regular hot drinks being served and nutritious meals being available every day.

The Doctors were very approachable and took time to explain the treatments being prescribed.

All in all, despite the difficult circumstances, I was extremely impressed with the high level of care I received at Maidstone Hospital. Thanks to everyone involved.

My only problem was sharing the ward with a couple of geriatric, confused patients who tended to talk and mutter all night, so it was difficult to get a good amount of rest.

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences at the Maidstone Hospital. All comments are passed on directly to the appropriate manager of the department concerned for them to learn from and improve their services. If you require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact mtwpals@nhs.net or call them on 01622 224960. Kind regards Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (SG)