"Dermatology outpatients at Swindon is a..."

About: The Great Western Hospital

Appointments being met and promptly seen

If you want your time wasted then go see the dermatology department. They are an abomination quite literally. Went in and saw a doctor who was adamant they werent going to give me a course of treatment I wanted for the condition I have, yet wanted to give me one I told them I was not under any circumstances going to have. I have had problems with similar treatment before and explained that in detail to them. They were too argumentative and didnt listen. They also when examining did not wear gloves, is this right?

The consultant who came in was a waste of time too.

So all in all after making a 50+ mile round trip to get to the hospital I left with no progress being made. This I feel means that the entire hour and a quarter trip each way, and the hour I was at the hospital for was a complete waste of time.

I have complained to PALS about this matter, and may well be going to the press if it is not sorted out satisfactorily in the next 28 days, because the way I was made to feel was completely disgraceful. I really wanted todays appointment to be positive and constructive yet instead it was a farce of the highest order. Very disappointed!

Response from The Great Western Hospital

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that you feel that you have not received the treatment you were looking for. Our PALS team have liaised with our Dermatology team and will respond directly to you about the concerns you raised.