"My Mother's wonderful care"

About: Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Older peoples' mental health care (inpatient)

My Mother was admitted to a psychiatric hospital more than 24 years ago at the age of 75. She is still a patient with dementia. In all that time she has been cared for extremely well. The staff are fantastic. They treat ALL their patients with kindness and respect. Nothing is too much trouble for them. They also treat the relatives with kindness and inform them of all that is happening. I cannot thank them enough for what they do for my Mother. The atmosphere is always warm and welcoming. I have never had any reason to complain about my Mother's treatment.

Response from Andy Porter, Deputy Director of Social Inclusion, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Thankyou for letting us know about your positive experience - I will make sure this is shared with staff in our older people's service.

It is really good for us to have compliments sometimes. I hope things continue to go well for your mother.