"Angry, upset and let down by everyone at..."
About: Queen's Hospital (Romford) Queen's Hospital (Romford) Romford RM7 0AG
What I liked
The exit, once the car park gate finally opened after waiting 20mins for a member of security.
What could be improved
1. Just because it's a fairly new hospital, it still needs cleaning.
2. Catering staff need lessons in politness as every day they acted as if they were doing me a favour when serving me slops.
3. When I asked for glass of water, I finally gave up waiting after for nearly 5 hours and had to hobble down to shop (see 4).
4. Third parties running the coffee shop and newspaper stand. A newspaper, bottle of water and a packet of mints cost £4.70. Didn't realise that Harrods had the franchise.
5. On day of discharge was informed at 12:30 by a nurse that I could go home once the doctor had seen me. By all accounts the rounds where about to start. Finally saw the doctor at 19:00 and was released into normality at 19:30. I know the hospital is big but 7 hours to do the rounds in one ward?
Although the ward I was on was not designated as a labour ward, no less than 3 babies were delivered. There was also one occurrance that I cannot even start to describe, but I will be asking to change hospitals for my birth. I just hope that what I witnessed and heard is investigated and that the people responsible are brought to justice.
This hospital shows just why the NHS is failing.CleanlinessOpening hoursCar ParkReceptionRefreshmentsShopBabiesDoctors