"A very positive experience."

About: Darlington Memorial Hospital

The team at Darlington Memorial Hospital on both labour and ward 61 were fantastic!!

I had planned a homebirth as I had heard only bad things about the hospital (in general not specifically this department), however things didn't go to plan and due to complications I was transferred to the hospital for an emergency c-section. The staff were fantastic given me and my partner were both in shock at how fast things were moving and explained everything - I even remember asking the anaesthatist how i would be put to sleep and she had the time to tell me as she prepped to put me under.

After the operation I came too in a comfortable room with lovely staff at my side to ensure I was well, and to reassure me and my partner about what had happened. Later that night I was moved to the ward, again the staff were fantastic - nothing was a problem. they spent time with me when baby wouldn't settle, helped me with anything I needed I cannot praise them enough, and I will be writing to them directly to thank them for all their help.

The ward and facilities were clean and comfortable, the only comment was at times it was too hot (even when it needs to be warm for the babies at times it felt too warm, normally at night)

Thank you to all who work on the unit and if I were to have another child I would definately consider using the hospital again if I am still living nearby.EmergencyReassuringWardCleanlinessConsiderateTemperatureBabies

Response from Darlington Memorial Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback from your visit to Darlington Memorial Hospital in 2011. Unfortunately, at the time you shared your feedback, we were unable to respond. If you would like to discuss your previous comments please contact us. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774