"You really see the difference between this ward and others"

About: Royal Manchester Children's Hospital

I bring my son to the hospital because he has ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukeamia). In terms of the medical and care facilities, it's brill. I can't complain at all. My son doesn't mind coming to hospital, I think he has quite a positive association with the hospital now, he's always well looked after and the staff are good with him. The clinics also seem to run like clockwork.

The main difference between the haematology and oncology ward, and any other, is that you really get to know the staff personally. You really see the difference between wards. You build up trust with the staff here, we're here so often I suppose.

We're really impressed with the level of care at the Royal Manchester Childrens, especially the oncology and haematology ward.

Response from Tessa Davis, RMCH Patient Opinion Project Lead, Royal Manchester Children's Hospital

Thank you for you comments.

We are delighted that you have such a positive experience with you care in oncology and haematology. It's lovely that you have a close relationship with the staff and that your son feels positively towards the hospital.

Update posted by A3 (a relative)

Thanks for the response. I am overwhelmed by the efficiency of RMCH and would not want to be anywhere else - the treatment we are receiving from this hospital is wonderful.

I would like to re-iterate that this service is amazing, and ALL the staff we have met are respectful, caring and I have utmost respect for everthing they do.