"Fabulous service offered by Primary Ear Care at Maltby JSC"

About: Rotherham PCT

I have suffered for 20 years+ with seborrheic dermatitis in both ears and used, until recently, Tri Adcortyl Otic ointment. On asking for a repeat prescription from my GP I was advised that the product had been withdrawn - to my dismay.

Several visits to the Dr then followed trying to find an alternative - which unfortunately they were unable to do - incurring me prescription charges for medication that did nothing to control the problem - in some cases exacerbating it!

Chris Jacobs recently visited the Health Network and gave a presentation around Primary Ear Care services and advised that you can self refer - which I duly did.

I just want to say the service they have provided me has been absolutely fabulous! Chris and Jayne Allen are always friendly and have prescribed an ointment which my father used over 30 years ago which has controlled the condition perfectly. I just want to extend a really big thank you to them - they are brilliant!

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Yvogi6, thanks very much for telling us your story - glad to know you had a good experience and the staff concerned will be informed of your kind comments.

Best wishes,