"I visited the women's investigation unit..."

About: North Manchester General Hospital

I visited the women's investigation unit for a colposcopy. I was extremely nervous beforehand but the nurses explained everything to me and looked after me throughout my visit. One of the nurses even held my hand whilst I had the procedure done as she could see I needed reassurance. The nurse performing the procedure told me what was happening at all stages and thankfully my result was all clear.

Considering what I was there for the staff made me feel as relaxed and comfortable as they could. I could not commend them highly enough. I work in NHS complaints and it was absolutely fantastic to see a department that works so well and looks after its patients in such a caring way.

Massive thanks.

Signposting to the department.

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to forward on your comments about your experiences whilst visiting the Women’s Investigation Unit at North Manchester General Hospital. It is always a pleasure to hear from our patient’s that our staff have treated them with care and compassion.

We will take back your comments in relation to improving the signposting to the department, but will also ensure that your compliments are passed onto the Team.