"I was admitted to the day surgery unit..."

About: Pilgrim Hospital

I was admitted to the day surgery unit for an arthroscopy.

Staff of all grades and disciplines, consultant surgeon, anathetist, nurses, healthcare support workers, housekeepers, porters ODAs etc all treated me with respect and dignity. With such a high throughput in day surgery the expectation would almost be that you would be treated almost as if on a conveyor belt but without doubt I was made to feel like I was the only patient on the ward and in theatre.

I cannot reccomend Pilgrim high enough for day surgery.

Thank you to everyone.

If being exceptionally picky, it is not ideal being pushed though public areas to and from theatre but difficult to see how this could be overcome.

Also equally as picky, the patient information leaflets were badly photocopied and do not match the high standard of care I received.

Thank you very much for leaving us your feedback - I am only sorry that we are reading and responding to it so late in the day; however we have only recently set up our methods for doing so.

I am glad that your stay with us was such a good one - and please dont worry about being 'picky' - these arent picky issues at all but things that make all the difference. In terms of journeying through corridors, you are right that this can be difficult to avoid though we have recentl refurbished the day case unit and this will be minimised unless there is a change of theatre. And thank you for pointing out about the patient information leaflet. One of my colleagues has been working tirelessly on this for the last 18 months and we reviewed many of our leaflets and reprinted them to meet with Patient Information Standards and are also regularly reviewing them as we go.

Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your experience - even so long afterwards it is still valuable to us.