"The Surgeon, Registrar and Anaesthetists..."

About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital

The Surgeon, Registrar and Anaesthetists provided clear descriptions of what was to happen, took time to answer all questions and were brilliantly reassuring.

The nursing staff in ward 1 post op were wonderful, particularly the night shift who really went the extra mile. All the staff did everything they could to help and make me as comfortable as possible

The clinician who released me was really not keen to answer any questions at all and was desperate to rush off. This meant that what exactly I should be doing or not doing (re: stitches, medication, weight bearing) was rather confused and the letter that went out to my GP had the wrong operation on it! Fortunately the Surgeon had been so detailed beforehand that I managed to answer some of it myself but I did in fact find that I had been attempting too much movement when I saw my surgeon again 2 weeks later and could have damaged the repair.

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

We at the L&D pride ourselves on teamwork and ensuring that our patients are kept fully informed and treated with dignity throughout their visit or stay. Your kind comment has been passed to both the Orthopaedic surgery team and the staff on Ward 1. It is regrettable that the doctor who discharged you was not as informative and we have passed the information through to the team leader. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment.