"My Daughter on Children's Ward"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Accident and emergency Tameside General Hospital / Paediatrics

I came to A&E on 9th Sept with my 3 year old daughter suffering from acute diarrhoea. After a 2 hour wait we were admitted to the Children's Unit. I cannot thank the A&E staff and Children's Ward Staff (especially Kirsty) enough. They were all wonderful. Our every need was seen to and nothing was too much trouble. In my opinion these people deserve a medal and much better wages than what they get paid.

I would highly recommend Tameside Hospital.

Response from Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital Foundation Trust

I am sorry to read that your very young daughter was ill enough to have to come to hospital. This must have been a very worrying time for you. I am very pleased however to read of the very positive response you received from the A&E and Children’s Unit staff here at Tameside Hospital. I will make sure that the staff concerned are made aware of your comments – this is not quite the same as a medal and a payrise, but I am sure it will be appreciated!

I am also pleased to see that you would recommend Tameside Hospital and would like to thank you for making these comments.

Finally, I hope your daughter is now much better and that there have been no further problems.