"The nice new A&E, it gives you the..."

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

The nice new A&E, it gives you the opportunity to study the new decor for the 4 hours that you sit there waiting for someone to deal with your injury!!!!

Communication - talk to your patients, explain what is going on and why there is a delay in their treatment. If they have been there for some time, offer them some refreshments and make sure that they are still alive!!!

I arrived at A&E with my son at 16.35 and was not out of the hospital until 22.45. We were moved from the A&E department into another area to make sure that we were not logged as being there for longer than the Government guidelines!! We are patients, not statistics and deserve to be treated as such. The level of care was appalling with Consultants not talking to nursing staff and no-one really knowing what was happening or when.

Please, if you have an injury take ample supplies with you or visit another A&E Department that would be able to cope with you - staff recommend Bishops Stortford

The refurbishment of the A&E is purley a visual improvement, it works even worse now and I would rather journey a few more miles into another County than visit here again!

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

We apologise for the delays you experienced when visiting our A&E department and note your comments and suggestions on how it could be improved. These comments have been passed to the A&E manager.