"I broke my foot (metatarsal) playing..."

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

I broke my foot (metatarsal) playing football in April 2009. I arrived at A&E late on a Tuedsay evening (about 11.30pm) and after a short wait I was seen quickly, X-rayed, diagnosed and plastered within about 90 minutes.

I subsequently returned to the hospital after a week to see my consultant and have the temporary cast replaced. The appointment ran on time and I felt very confident about what I was told and how I was treated.

Once my cast was removed, I undertook physiotherapy at the hospital and again I was very pleased with the availability of early morning appointments, the advice and excercises I was given and this led to a complete recovery within 4 months. By August 2009 I was running again and returned to football in September 2009.

The service was very good and I was impressed by the professionalism of all of the staff.

I meant to write a letter of thanks at the time so I hope that those involved in my treatment see these comments.

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your experiences at our hospital. We welcome all feedback, which we use to help us improve our services. Your comments have been passed onto the relevant staff and we regularly include comments left on NHS Choices in our hospital magazine so that other staff and the public can view them.