"friendly staff"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

friendly staff

staff to have had more knowledge of my case

really upset at the waiting time of my biopsy seeing my gp who suspected cancer i was refered to a dermatologist in 2 weeks who also suspected cancer i then saw a plastic surgeon and 2 weeks after that had my biopsy taken i was told i would have my results in 1 week i telephoned everyday for 2 weeks only to be told they were not ready eventually 3 weeks after my biopsy cancer was confirmed this waiting time really is not acceptable regards Linda

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Response Oct 5th

Hello Linda,

Thank you for sharing you experience with us. One of our Clinical Nurse Specialists has responded to your comments.

There can be a delay at times for histology results. The most common reason for this, is due to samples being sent away to another hospital for a second opinion. Further discussion is also required at MDT. (This is the Multi Disciplinary Team Meeting, where results are discussed with a group of professionals).

The medical team provide specific timeframes as to when the results will be available, which can cause disappointment when they are not available when patients contact us.

You have raised an important issue. This issue will be looked into, to improve the patient experience in this area, and avoid disappointment at such a difficult time.