"The ambulance arrived quickly after I'd..."

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

The ambulance arrived quickly after I'd collapsed at home on 12 August. The three paramedics acted swiftly and decisively, checking what had happened, taking my blood pressure, carrying me to the ambulance and monitoring my condition constantly. The positive way they communicated with me and looked after me was extremely reassuring. At the hospital one of the paramedics gave the staff a clear summary, then the team melted away before I could thank them.

The doctor introduced themself in an unstuffy and cheerful way, which was comforting. Little human touches like that must be easy to overlook when you're coping with a busy ward, but they're encouraging for an apprehensive patient. I was examined meticulously, careful notes were taken about my history, and later explained the results of my tests clearly. I could not have been better looked after.

In accordance with your privacy policy I have not named the paramedics or the doctor, but I hope you'll be able to identify them and give them my thanks for such expert care.

No suggestions: your speed of response and standard of care was impressive throughout.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Thank you for your comments posted on the NHCT website regarding the care afforded to you at North Tyneside General Hospital.

It is always appreciated when patients give feedback. I hope that you are making a good recovery. Thank you for taking the time to write.