"on feb 27th 2010 i was induced ..."

About: Pontefract General Infirmary

on feb 27th 2010 i was induced at pontefract hospital,at 3.15pm i was transferred to the labour ward where i was deignated a room and midwife. i really cannot remember her name but she was so lovely and helpfull and really made me comfortable, due to my babys heart dropping i had to hav an assisted delivery,with forceps by the wonderful doctor. can i just say if it wasnt for the team work and excellent communication,me and my daughter wouldnt be here now. i am so grateful for the care that i got. thankyou to you all.

when i got transferred to ward 10 i had 3 ladys take me,i have to admit 1 was very dis-respectful and commented on my weight,saying to the other ladies that if i wasnt as big i would have been easier for her to push,i think this is an awful thing to say especially with what i had just been through

Response from Pontefract General Infirmary

Thank you for the kind comments.

It is difficult to meaningfully respond to the issue around disrespectful comments, other to apologise forany offence caused as this would not have been the member of staff's intention.