"Delivery - I had to have elective ..."

About: Queen Charlotte's Hospital

Delivery - I had to have elective c-section and the staff were fantastic. Fully informed all the way through, husband included. Daughter was put straight on to me for skin to skin. Breast feeding initiated straight away.

Antenatal care mostly efficient

Scanning staff very good

Antenatal clinic - lacked continuity. I never saw the same midwife, but all encountered were professional and helpful. Long waiting times

Post natal - Horrible, midwives mostly unhelpful. On second night I was having trouble settling baby and was basically treated like an idiot when I tracked down a midwife to help. Told they would come back and they didn't. Eventually an experienced mother in my room helped me settle her. I was not referred to community midwife and told to ring back only if not seen for 48 hours, so ended up not being seen for 3 days .

Response from Queen Charlotte's Hospital

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. We are pleased that you were happy with the care you received for the delivery of your baby. However, we are disappointed to learn about your experience with postnatal care. Your comments will be forwarded to the head of nursing and midwifery. If you would find it helpful to discuss your concerns in more detail please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 020 3313 0088 or by email pals@imperial.nhs.uk.