"I find that the staff are always too busy"

About: Rotherham Hospital Rotherham Hospital / Accident and emergency

I have been in and out of hospital quite a bit in the last 30 years with heart and lung problems, back problems and a stomach ulcer . With my back problems they say they can't do anything and I am on a lot of medication.

Often when I go into hospital I find that the staff are always too busy. It used to be that you asked a nurse something and they got back to your straight away but now I ask and I get told 'two minutes' and sometimes they never come back and have to ask someone else. I know they have a lot to do but I don't think that this is very good.

Not long ago I went to A+E with my asthma and I waited nearly 8 hours to be seen. At 6am they moved me into the ward but know one came to see me. After I had been there two days I left.

Response from Angela Eyre

thank you for sharing your story on patient opinion, we have passed this information to our colleague at Rotherham District Hospital and we will post again with their response.

Response from Rebecca Allinson, Associate Director, Corporate Relations, Rotherham Hospital

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

We are disappointed that your experience has been that staff are often ‘too busy’. Where we know of workload issues we will address these but through our auditing of wards we have found that some of the problems arise from how care is organised and led so we are working hard to ensure this is consistent across the hospital.

If you feel able to contact us via our Patient Services dept on 01709 304461 to let us know which ward then we can follow this up more specifically.

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated.