"A master class"

About: Frimley Park Hospital / Urology Royal Surrey County Hospital / General surgery

I had a prostatectomy at The Royal Surrey County Hospital Guildford. The operation was successful and without any complications and included the removal of lymph nodes.

I was discharged the following day in the afternoon.

This was the second part of the treatment instigated by the Urology Consultant Team at Frimley Park Hospital and, in my opinion a master class in the processes, scheduling, logistics in ensuring that everyone involved was available as well as all the facilities needed for a successful outcome.

I am mindful of the skills of the Urology Team at Guildford which incorporated the Anesthetists and post operative care. I was particularly appreciative of being assigned a Prostatectomy Clinical Nurse Specialist who was my go between the Consultants and post operation teams. Very valuable and comforting when I contacted her with some questions and requesting advice. The finishing touches to my excellent treatment and experience.

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay at Royal Surrey County Hospital.

I will pass your comments onto my colleagues in urology, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words.

Receiving such an appreciative message always means a lot to our staff, who all work incredibly hard.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.