"The Doctors, treated me with kindness ..."

About: University Hospital Of Hartlepool

The Doctors, treated me with kindness and consideration. The nurses were professional at all times and dealt with me as a human being and not a number. The other staff on the ward worked very hard and were friendly at all times. This hospital is a nice place to be, given that I was very ill at the time.

More money could be spent on food, particularly breakfasts, given that there is any more money available. The scrambled egg is particularly vile. Three nurses on shift seems one too few for this particular ward.

It is a disgrace that consideration has been given to closing this fine hospital.

Response from University Hospital Of Hartlepool

Dear Mr Burrows – thank you for your comments which will help us improve services for future patients. We’re pleased that you found our staff kind, considerate and professional. They work extremely hard to provide this standard of care and we’re glad you found this to be the case during your recent stay in hospital.

We’re sorry to hear you thought the scrambled egg was vile. We try hard to provide food that most people like but we have obviously failed on this occasion. Thank you for drawing it to our attention. We will do our best to improve it.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on NHS Choices.