"On 9 th May I was taken by ambulance ..."

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital

On 9 th May I was taken by ambulance from my home to the A&E dept. at the RCH as I had dislocated my right hip and arrived at about 4.45 pm . I was quickly assessed and met courteous staff and doctors and then x rayed and met the Consultant who advised me that he felt able to manipulate my hip back into place . This he achieved under sedation with the help of 5 other people and when I came round I was x rayed again and as I was able to walk I was allowed to leave at about 11.00 pm. I was teated very well by the Consultant and his colleagues and would have no hesitation in recommending the A&E dept at the RCH to others in similar sitautions . The care and support I received was very good and a credit to the hospital on what was my first and I hope my only visit. Although I have had a difficult few days I am grateful for the care and assistance given to me. Regards . Michael J Day .( age 65 )

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. Your comments will be passed on to the staff who lead the A&E department at the County. The staff in A&E work hard in an often busy environment and will appreciate your support. We hope you are recovering well.