"We just wanted to say thank you ..."
About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow) Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow) Harlow CM20 1QX
Posted by Alexandra day unit (as ),
What I liked
We just wanted to say thank you for the excellent treatment our son (2 years old) received when he had grommits put in. We were particularly grateful for the following things:
- We were asked to arrive at 8am and were called into the unit a few minutes after 8.
- Staff were polite, friendly and focused on our son, making him and myself feel as comfortable as they could.
- Our son was not happy about putting on a gown or having 'magic' cream. Staff did not make a fuss and grommits were put in while he was fully clothed. He was anaesthitised using gas so that no needle was inserted until he was asleep.
- He was given stickers and a certificate, which he was very pleased about.
- He was discharged with efficiency and as soon as he was awake, eating and drinking. We didn't have to wait around.
- Staff introduced themselves in the recovery area and briefly explained their role in our son's care.
- All staff listened to any concerns and followed up on any questions that I had.
- The surgeon spoke to me immediately after completing surgery.
I suppose that feedback from patients is often in the form of a complaint. We would like you to pass on our thanks to all staff in the day unit, who are clearly dedicated to the care of their patients.
What could be improved