"Fantastic NHS"

About: NHS 111 Out of hours Royal Hospital for Sick Children (Edinburgh) / Accident & Emergency Scottish Ambulance Service

(as a parent/guardian),

My 2 year old son became increasingly unwell. After a quick call to 111 he was assessed promptly and we were given an out of hours GP appointment at the Western General Hospital. During the consultation it was noted my son had low oxygen levels and increased respiratory effort and an ambulance was called to take us to RHSC Edinburgh. After a short stay in A&E and an overnight stop in ward 1 for observations my son was discharged with antibiotics for a chest infection. It was a scary 12 hours and I wanted to thank everyone involved in his care.

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear Thankful-mum

I am so sorry to hear about your son's recent illness but pleased to read that despite what must have been a very anxious and scary 12 hours for you and your family, I do hope that he is now well on the mend.

I have passed your kind words onto the out of hours team and the staff at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children, who l am sure will be delighted with this feedback.