"Staff Shortcomings"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Accident and emergency

The consultation in the Eye Casualty department was excellent except for the repeated visits from other staff members barging into the room asking questions of my nurse while they had tweezers in my eye. They showed complete disregard for me, the patient, insisting on interrupting the nurse while they were explaining critical points to me. That may account for the reason that the nurse forgot to tell me that the prescription they gave me could only be filled at the Trust Pharmacy in the hospital building. This I only found out after I had returned home to Newark and visited my local pharmacy with said prescription. The nurse told me that this was a regular occurrence.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear about the constant interruptions from other staff members while you were receiving treatment. As you describe, this shows a lack of consideration both to yourself and the nurse treating you. I am sorry also for any miscommunication regarding your prescription. I will share your feedback with the Eye Casualty team so we can learn from your experience and make changes where necessary. I would be pleased to talk to you about your experience if you wish to do so. My contact number is: 0115 924 9924 ext 64127

Kind regards,