"Incredible staff but healthier options would be good"

About: Millbrook Mental Health Unit

Having a 4 month admission to Lucy wade PICU & Acute, I wanted to give feedback about the incredible staff who have cared for me. The ward staff (nurses & HCAs) were fantastic at supporting me through some really tough times. They were kind, caring, sensitive & would always find time even when they appeared extremely busy. The cleaning staff did a great job & always had a smile & hello. Dr Priya is a wonderful consultant who is easy to talk to & encouraging at moving forwards.

The only down side was the options restaurant. Food was far too heavily carb loaded, especially when several medications cause weight gain-some healthier options would be good.

Response from Belinda Salt, Acute Matron, Millbrook Mental Health Unit, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for your lovely kind words about the care you received whilst on the wards. I will ensure your feedback is forwarded to the staff.

We are so sorry you found the food unsatisfactory. I will pass your comments and suggestions for lighter options to the catering team.

All the very best in your continued recovery.

Regards