"North Tyneside community mental health team..."

About: Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust

I rang the crisis team this morning.

They found my file straight away despite my not having accessed mental health services for a couple of years. They were able to tell me the options for immediate help (including letting me feel part of the decision as to whether I needed someone to come and be with me immediately); they referred me back into the community mental health team, they let my GP know their recommendations to act upon as soon as my GP surgery reopened (it's saturday), and they made me feel like I was doing the right thing asking for help, which was a help in itself. I found everybody friendly, helpful, and easy to access. The whole service is seamless. I can't thank them enough.

Response from Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust

We would like to thank you for your feedback and are very pleased to hear of your positive experience with our service. We value your comments and these will be shared with our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience, all feedback is valuable and is used to help us continually improve the services that we provide.