"Under the Thumb (Nail)"

About: St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre

I had to visit the walk-in centre last evening 06/10/16 after hitting my thumb with a copper hammer earlier in the day, My thumb was in so much pain due to the bleeding under the nail causing a pressure build up against the nerve ends. I was treated by a Nurse who was absolutely amazing, not only did they treat me and relieved my pain almost immediately, but they also noted (from the form I had to fill in) that I was also currently receiving treatment for another serious on-going issue, they made a call on the treatment I may have needed from information they gathered from the form, We discussed the need for an x-ray, we discussed the need after they identified that I had had many scans and x-rays previously, not only were they considering the treatment I required on the evening, but they also took into consideration my past treatment. This kind of service goes unnoticed all too often, all we usually read/hear about are the negatives from the NHS. Let me assure you all that the service and treatment you will receive at the St Mary walk-in centre is second to none and the whole team are a credit to the NHS. Thanks, you are a true Angel of the NHS.

Response from St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre

Thank you for your very kind feedback. I will ensure all the staff at St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre are made aware, they will be delighted.

Kind Regards