"Appalling care"

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary / Ear, Nose and Throat

I left the clinic very upset about the care that I have received, the doctor I was was very unsympathetic to my problems, at one point they told me to google what they thought was wrong with me, I didn't even catch what they said, they had been so dismissive and uncaring I felt unable to ask them to repeat it. I asked to explain what they were prescribing me but they just said it's something to help the pain, I then found out it was a form of antidepressant to help the pain but I had to research it myself. What they prescribed has made no difference anyway. I feel very sad that I had such poor treatment, and I'm no better I hope the rest of the team don't deal with patients in the same way!

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Dear Claire,

We are very sorry to hear about your concerns regarding your care at the Leicester Royal Infirmary. The level of care provided to you is unacceptable and we would like to investigate the matter further. Can you please send us your details (Address, NHS Number and date of birth) to communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk.

Kind regards,