About: John Radcliffe Hospital

I have been waiting for gynaecological surgery for endometriosis for 8 months, and I suspect that I will have to wait for much longer than promised as I have heard that two of their most experienced surgeons have both been allowed to go on sabbatical at the same time. The gynaecology outpatients clinic and appointments system is chaotic and staff don't bother to respond to your requests for updates on waiting times for surgery. I would advise other patients suffering from endometriosis to avoid the John Radcliffe.

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

The Oxford University Hospital NHS Trust is currently reviewing historic comments placed on NHS Choices and we note you made a comment in 2010 which was not responded to. The Trust takes both positive and negative feedback recieved from patients, or their families, seriously and, whenever possible, we use any learning gained to improve the service we provide. Should you wish to contact the Trust regarding this comment or any other service you have received since, please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service on palsjr@ouh.nhs.uk or telephone 01865 221473.