"First dental appointment in a decade"

About: Dundee Dental Hospital / Dental

I have severe anxiety about dentists (and other medical professionals) which made the choice to finally be seen, a difficult one.

Which is actually why I chose the A&E. My tooth had been aching, and causing problems, which gave me final push I needed. And not needing to make an appointment first meant I had little chance to become agitated.

I was seen promptly, spending very little time the waiting room before being seen by a fifth year student. She explained she was a student, asked if it was alright that she carry out the necessary work, and if the third year students could observe. I had no objections, and everyone present was very professional.

I wasn't able to bring my friend into the clinic with me, however. Which meant that I did have a moment or two where my anxiety flared, but the staff and students were very understanding and accommodating.

Response from Alison Moss, Feedback Manager, NHS Tayside

Dear "WakelessStatue"

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent experience at the Dental A&E Department within Dundee Dental Hospital. I am delighted you had a positive experience and that the staff and students were able to help alleviate your anxiety. I will pass on your thanks to the Department and I hope you are feeling much better now.

Kind regards.