"High Quality Care"

About: Bradford Royal Infirmary / Trauma and orthopaedics

High Quality Care

I would like to say how enormously impressed I have been by my recent experience as a patient in BRI; the NHS at its best.

I attended A & E on a Friday evening after a fall, to receive the rather shocking news that I had a fractured neck of femur. A programme of care immediately swung into action: smooth transfer to Ward 30 followed by surgery on the Saturday morning. I spent 3 days of recuperation on Ward 27 with physiotherapy advice before being discharged on the Tuesday afternoon.

Throughout this period staff at all levels were friendly and supportive, explaining all procedures. It was a privilege to see the multicultural teams working together.

I am extremely grateful to the staff and proud of our National Health Service.

Response from Bradford Royal Infirmary

Dear Sandra, I am sorry to hear about your accident and injury, and thank you for taking the time to give this feedback on your experience. It's really good to know that you received the right care quickly and efficiently, and that our staff were friendly and explained what you needed to know. It's particularly lovely to read your comment about good teamwork.

I will be passing on your feedback to all the relevant staff, and I know they will really appreciate it. I do hope you are now feeling stronger and make a full recovery.