"Ward 20"

About: Bishop Auckland Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I had planned surgery on 23rd September where I was a day patient on ward 20. I was very nervous and apprehensive about the operation but as soon as I was met by the staff I can honestly say I was made to feel at easy. The ward had a lovely feel to it, it was immaculately clean everything about the ward and staff was relaxing and reassuring. I cannot praise everyone highly enough for the excellent job that you all did for me from the nurses on the ward to the staff in the theatre and recovery room.

I hope I don't see you all again, but if the need arises and I have a choice of which hospital I would like to attend I would have no hesitation of going back to BAGH. Thank you :-)

Response from Bishop Auckland Hospital

Dear Linda

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience on Ward 20 at Bishop Auckland Hospital.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Ward Manager to pass onto the staff on your behalf.

I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team