"Superb care, appalling administration"

About: Salford Royal / Dermatology

I was treated by a Concultant for skin condition and have to say they were superb as were my results. Unfortunately as soon as the secretary became involved when I chased 6 month follow up appointment the service became abysmall. I have rang, texted, left voicemails and some 2 weeks later I have still not been contacted. The secretary told me they would email the consultant but I suspect this hasnt happened! The attitude and tone of secretatry was poor and I had to insist they emailed the consultant to chase. Very poor.

Response from Salford Royal

Dear Peter

Thank you very much for leaving your comments about our services. We take all feedback we receive extremely seriously.

Firstly we are very happy to hear of your positive experience with the Consultant, however, we can only imagine how frustrating and difficult this must have been for you to arrange your follow up appointment, please accept our apologies, we would like to assure you that this is not normal practice.

Please can we encourage you to contact our PALS service on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk - they will be able to explain how we can best investigate the issues you have raised and to give you some answers.

Thank you.