"Department of Radiology - a mess!"

About: University Hospital Lewisham

My newborn son was put on antibiotics for months (causing severe stomach upset) prior to an MCUG test, which was rescheduled over six times due to poor communication and lack of staff in Radiology.

We are still trying to schedule is MCUG and have since taken him off the antibiotics as they were only prophylactic and therefore not strictly necessary.

Moreover, the MCUG was scheduled in the very, very rare chance that he has a kidney problem (and despite previous tests - urine and ultrasound - being clean).

I appreciate the NHS trying to do preventative medicine, however the process has been extremely time-consuming and liaison with staff support teams has been infuriating to say the least (needing to leave five messages before a call is returned, lack of communication between departments means I have had to run interference to ensure appointments were lined up correctly, lines mysteriously being disconnected....)

Response from Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust

I am sorry that your experience of the department was negative. It is very difficult to respond to a problem without full information but we would welcome further feedback with more detail. Whilst all patient information is confidential if you wish to contact our PALS Department at pals.lewisham@nhs.net or on 0208 333 3355 we can look into the matter further.
Jenny Sturt