"being a happier person"

About: Buxton Hospital

I have type 2 diabetes, I have managed to turn my life around. I was on insulin injections and other tablets. I changed and started exercising and eating less rubbish, I have made new friends and lost weight from, 23 stone8 to 14 stone 8. I am now off insulin and my diabetes is well controlled. I have helped myself with help from care staff and the diabetes nurse in buxton. I would be happy to share my story.

Response from Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust

Dear peeky blinder

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of working with the Live Life Better Derbyshire specialist team. It is good to hear that you felt the direction and control of your diabetes and weight loss plan was yours and that the team provided you with the information and support you needed.

We aim to support our clients to feel that they are 'in the driving seat' of their weight loss programme and can then work with different members of our team to get the right type and pace of change as they work towards their weight loss goals.

I am so pleased that you worked hard, got what you needed and have achieved such great results in terms of your weight loss and also your confidence in maintaining this into the future.

I shall make sure to pass on your thanks.

With our very best wishes

Michelle Denyer

Lead Community Diabetes Specialist Nurse.