"Having problems "touching base" with anyone from Ealing IAPT"

About: Ealing IAPT

Nothing has happened yet.  Having problems "touching base" with anyone from Ealing IAPT! This is after my GP referral was "lost" so I had to make a self referral. I have completed the online screening and was waiting for a "telephone appointment" No one called at the appointed time and when I chased this up I was told that my telephone details were incorrect - despite the fact that they had already used my details to make telephone contact with me in order to book the "telephone appointment".  I have since received a letter asking me to make contact if I still require treatment. Very strange...

Response from Harpreet Dhaliwal, Highly Specialist Cognitive Behaviour Therapist, Ealing IAPT, West London Mental Health NHS Trsut

I would like to apologise for the difficulties you have experienced when trying to get in touch with us as well as the not being called when this had been previously arranged with you. It is standard procedure to send a letter if we are unable to reach you so this may explain why you have been sent a letter asking you to call us for a further appointment.

It is important that we speak to patients in a timely manner and we always try to ensure this happens. Therefore as a service, we will be looking into the concerns you have raised and the process that may have contributed to this. All of our patients are important to us and we want to ensure that you don't experience any unnecessary delays.

In order to fully investigate your concerns and ensure you get the support that you deserve, I would like to speak to you personally. Please contact me directly on 0203 313 5661 or via email: harpreet.dhaliwal3@nhs.net