"Radiology department and ECG department ..."

About: The Whittington Hospital

Radiology department and ECG department were clean. A&E department was not clean. Some part of hospital is modern compare to other part. In my experience, staff were helpful. I like pager system to call patient and CCTV camera.

Medical staff regardless of gender should give privacy to patient to undress and dress for examination. When I had an appointment, They were standing in front of me and asked me to take of my top which is inappropriate. Just because they are the same gender does not mean they have right to behave inappropriate.

BMA policy: Patient should be given privacy to undress and dress regardless of health professional Gender.

It is not acceptable specially when patient is in most vulnerable situation.

Medical staff should introduce themselves properly and also when they use training doctor, they should let patient know before any test or imaging. Two people did Ultrasound scan on me(twice) and I did not even know who they are and in what position. Patient have right to know.

Staff should not wear high heel when it cause additional noise.

Response from The Whittington Hospital

Many thanks for your comments and feedback. We use the information you provide to improve our services. We apologise if you feel you were not given sufficient privacy as patient privacy is of the upmost importance to us. Also informing patients on the presence of student doctors should have had your permission, so also thank you for your ability to see the experience as a whole. If you would like to make a formal complaint please do email Patient Advocacy.Liaison Service@whittington.nhs.uk and we will investigate your complaint.

Again, many thanks for your feedback and input, it is greatly appreciated.