"Anxiety"

About: Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health

Hello, earlier this year I suffered with severe panic attacks and anxiety. It was so severe, I was referred to the crises team. They suggested CBT therapy, and I then had a meeting with a therapist. I heard nothing for over a month, so phoned to check. They had no information, so I had another meeting. Again I heard nothing for over a month, made a phone call, another meeting. I met a trainee, who said I only needed CBT light? I turned up for my first session, only to be told of a change. I was told to come back in 5 weeks, for group stress therapy? I have now been told, this has been cancelled due to low numbers? I really needed immediate help back in May. We are now in the middle of September, and still nothing. Minds matter service? I felt not. I feel that there has been a poor NHS service, no communication, and I feel that nobody seems interested or cares.

Response from Sarah Harrison, Head of Hearing Feedback, Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us. I am sorry that your experience has not been what you had hoped for. Lancashire Care are always keen to explore the feedback that is provided to us so that we can learn from it and improve. If this is something you would be willing to allow us to do in your case, then please do contact the Hearing Feedback Team on hearing.feedback@lancashirecare.nhs.uk or on Freephone 0808 144 1010.