"Thank you for the fantastic work and care"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Emergency department

I had an accident with petrol hedge cutters which fell on my arm and cut it open. I arrived and was greeted with very friendly staff at the front desk and was seen by a member of the nursing staff within minutes due to the initial concerns of the desk staff (whose name I have forgot, sorry). I was then seen and treated by a fantastic nurse called Gaynor who very thoroughly cleaned, glued, stitched and covered my wound with excellent communication skills to match. I would like to thank them all for the fantastic work and care that they do and show to all.

Thank you.

Response from Lise Axford, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear Wmc

I am sorry to hear about your accident with the hedge trimmer. That must have been a distressing experience for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience whilst recovering from your injury.

I am pleased to read that you found the reception staff friendly and that they promptly highlighted their concerns. Reception staff are essential members of the A&E team and we work closely together to act on any concerns that they raise. Gaynor will also be delighted to read your comments as it is important for us all to receive feedback to ensure that optimum care and communication is maintained at all times.

Thank you again for your comments, they will be shared with the the whole team.

I wish you a speedy recovery

Best wishes, Lise.

• Wmc thinks this response is helpful