"Positive experience of being in Crosshouse Hospital- ward 2a"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

My dad would like to thank all the staff involved in his care including Doctors, nurses, physios, theatre staff and housekeepers. He particularly wanted to mention the excellent quality of the food he received say that he had 'The best piece of lamb he had eaten in years'

As a relative and carer I would like mention that having visiting time from 2 -8 was really helpful. It meant that dads family and friends could visit regularly and had the opportunity to speak to staff at an appropriate time rather than waiting in queue in a rushed hour in the evening when nursing staff were busy with shift changes. If there was any treatment required during the time we were visiting we were more than happy to wait and in some cases it provided us with the relevant information to ensure that when dad was ready for discharge we felt confident and prepared to take dad home as soon as possible.

Dear JPDRMC,

This is a lovely accolade to all the staff both you and your Dad encountered. I have passed this on and I know the staff will be delighted with your father's praise. It was also good to hear that the visiting was of a benefit to you all, it seems a great step forward.

Janice, our Head of Clinical Support Services for East Ayrshire asked me to post this on her behalf -

'I am delighted that your Dad found food to be good and ‘best lamb’, thank you for including this comment in your post,

kind regards

Janice

I hope your Dad is fully recovered now, Thank you for your lovely post,

Best wishes,